1.03.2010

January 2nd

Photo credit: Scott Leyva

January 2nd is the birthday of 2 of my very best friends and favorite people. I would like to post pictures of these beautiful people but I'm too tired from a long drive. I realize this post will actually be dated 1/3 which saddens me but I was driving back from Berkeley and just got back so alas... I just want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY RACHELLE/ROE/CHELLE/SHOULI! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY SL/ZOOEY/SIR WALTER KAYAK! One of these people I will be lucky enough to celebrate with, the other I won't. He is of the eternal now and I miss him so. Today I listened to a wonderful mix he made me on the drive down and it was lovely. He made it for me to apologize for jumping on my back and attacking me in middle of the road. He made me fall down hard on the asphalt and bust my knee. My knee bled for at least an hour and got a big scab on it. He felt bad so the mix is called "Hillary aka "Franny" sorry about yr knee kid" and is dated 8/06. Just 3 months before he ODd. Below I'll share a few of my favorite words that SL wrote to me.
He e-mailed me this because we both loved the Salinger book Franny & Zooey and this was
our favorite quote:

Bessie: Why don't you get married?
Zooey: Because I like trains too much. You never get to have the window seat after you're married.

SL fragments:

"You are an aliased freelance editor named Franny. Please add an adjective to that or you will be Miss Walter Kayak."

"Thank you v. v. v. much, youre incredible, don’t fucking forget it and never settle for things that don’t make you happy, ever ever ever. There is no time to fuck around!!!!!!!!!111"

"id appreciate it if you returned my calls, i enjoy your voice and opinions. without them, i dont know where id be, friend."

"I know who wrote the book of love
He was an idiot
He was a fool
A slobbering fool with a speech defect and a shaking hand
And he wrote my name
next to yours
But it should have been David Byrne or somebody"
- Robyn Hitchcock

"i played basketball with my family and a bunch of next door neighbor kids today for easter, my uncle tripped over me and his finger jumped out of the socket. he had to push it back in, it was kind of gross and i felt bad even though it wasnt really my fault. it was fun hanging out with my family. everyone's getting older. my brother's gf is moving in with them soon, my dad has grey hair, and my sisters are huge, its scary."

"are we friends? i think so, i think we are special friends, which is stranger than mere friends or acquaintances. i hope so, because i dont like acquaintances or mere friends."

i miss everything.
<3
s.l.


Your Eternal Friend,

Sir Walter Kayak

1 comment:

  1. thank u hill
    can't wait to see you again

    rr

    ReplyDelete